Crashburn Alley is Looking For New Writers
If you haven’t noticed, there is baseball in the world once again. As the writers here at Crashburn are gearing up for the season, we are looking to add more writers to the site.
The goal of Crashburn Alley is not to publish game recaps or regurgitate the news of the day. It was founded on sabermetric principles, but I have a wider view of the game. There will always be a place for advanced metrics and statistical analysis here, but not everything can be captured in a spreadsheet. I think part of the challenge of writing about baseball is looking at those connections and interactions that we may someday quantify, or never be able to capture analytically. This site also has a history of blending baseball with popular culture, and I don’t think there is anywhere where that is more evident than the Crash Bag. Baseball is fun, I think writing about it should be too.
We have no limit on the number of people we are looking to add to the site, and are welcoming to as many new voices as want to talk about the Phillies and baseball. None of the writing spots are paid, nor are there revenue streams that project to change that status. What I can offer is a place to write and be creative with that writing.
- Write one article a week during the season
- Participate in site wide projects like Player Previews, Report Cards, and Round tables
- Any Writing Experience
- If you have written, links to previous work
- If you have never written, a list of topics that you would find interesting to write about at Crashburn Alley
- What voice you think you can contribute to Crashburn Alley