By 8pm ET today teams must choose whether to tender contracts to their arbitration eligible players (and pre-arbitration eligible players). For some teams today is about what they can afford to keep on their roster, but the Phillies only have Odubel Herrera on their roster with a guaranteed contract. This means today is about the 40 man roster and what players the Phillies want to make some level of commitment to. Here are the players affected by today’s decisions as well as MLBTradeRumor’s estimated arbitration salary.
- Freddy Galvis – $7.4M (Arb 3)
- Cesar Hernandez – $4.7M (Arb 2, Super 2)
- Cameron Rupp – $2.1M (Arb 1)
- Luis Garcia – $1.4M (Arb 1)
- Maikel Franco – $3.6M (Arb 1, Super 2)