This week I asked for questions during a Phillies game which meant everything was Phillies related, and much of it was not particularly deep, I just answered everything.
@andrewrinnier: What are realistic goals for the young guys down the stretch?
Just going to go quick bullet points on the major guys
- Jerad Eickhoff – 6 innings each start, try to keep it under 4 runs
- Ben Lively/Mark Leiter – Hold off regression while trying to find a sustainable pitch
- Aaron Nola – Stay healthy
- Nick Pivetta – 4-5 solid innings each start, it doesn’t matter if you implode in the 5th or 6th
- Jorge Alfaro – Just 1 walk, maybe 2 walks?
- Maikel Franco – Just show in one game that you learned something this year
- Rhys Hoskins – Fight through the first slump when it hits
- Nick Williams – Just keep up the approach gains
- J.P. Crawford – Don’t force things in majors or minors
- Scott Kingery – Try and bring the strikeouts under control and walk a bit more
- Odubel Herrera – Have a solid end of year
- Aaron Altherr – Get healthy, stay healthy
- Andrew Knapp – Show enough defensive growth to have the Phillies trust you to be the opening day starter and pair with Alfaro next year