Welcome to the Redesigned Crashburn Alley

At long last, we have unveiled the new and improved Crashburn Alley. Thanks to Randy Neil for all of the technical work and to Marcus Price for the logo concept. If you like what you see, check out their site at Squatch.us.

Overall, the site should work just like it did before, but it should look better across a wider range of platforms, whether you’re using a small or a big monitor, or a mobile device. All of our contact info is up in the right-hand sidebar should you want to reach any of us. The comments are now threaded so you can better keep track of conversations when they diverge. Additionally, you can assign a plus or minus vote to each comment, to either side of the big number on the right-hand side of the comment box.

As for the blogroll in the sidebar to the right, which is something that unfortunately gets neglected far too often, if you or someone you know runs an active baseball blog and would like to be included, just let me know in the comments below, on Twitter, or via email. Also, if you notice a defunct blog or a broken link, please let me know.

If something isn’t working right with the site, if you don’t like how something looks, or if you have any other feedback, don’t hesitate to contact me.

1. Kevin McGuire

January 18, 2014 10:00 AM

Looks good on my iPad, and it is still the clean, simple look I have come to expect from the site.

2. Chris

January 18, 2014 03:28 PM

Love the new look! Great work guys. The only thing I’d change is the patterned grey background – it has a flashing effect when I scroll up and down, which is a little distracting.

• Chris

January 20, 2014 04:46 PM

Looks awesome. Great work!

3. Ethan

January 18, 2014 07:50 PM

I just wish comments would go from oldest to newest. Makes conversation easier to follow

4. Ryan

January 19, 2014 12:13 AM

An iPhone/iPad app would be nice. Otherwise, it looks great–very clean and loads quickly.

5. jonny5

January 20, 2014 08:23 AM

I love what you guys did with the place… Wow.

6. Chris S.

January 20, 2014 09:18 AM

For the most part it looks good! I don’t like the header shrinking and getting bigger, but overall a real nice simple design guys! Good Job!

-Post Comment button blends into the background and I am sure that some people will have trouble finding it, I know I did.

7. Francisco (FC)

January 20, 2014 01:19 PM

It looks good. Though before I used to be able to see the entire site on half a screen (On Windows 7+ you can anchor the window to the left or right and take up half the screen real estate).

The result is that all the side bars are actually now below the post and comments and widened to ridiculous proportions. Not sure if that’s really a problem but I just thought I would point that out.

If I stretch the size of the window to a little bit more than just half the screen then things go back to normal, with posts occupying like 2/3s of the horizontal screen space and the side-bars 1/3.

BTW this is with a 1920×1080 screen resolution.

Next ArticlePhillies Avoid Arbitration with John Mayberry