In the comments of my post on the bullpen yesterday, there was a request for analysis of Darin Ruf, since there hasn’t been anything written about him here since he was brought up from Triple-A. At ESPN Sweet Spot, you can read my analysis of Ruf through his first 133 career plate appearances with a strong focus on what he has done this year.
Here are links to some other stuff around the Internet I found worth reading lately:
- At Baseball Prospectus, former MLB player Gabe Kapler writes about how interns and their strong grasp of technology and statistics are among the more important assets within an organization.
- At The Good Phight, Trev wrote a really well-thought-out piece on MLB and the Biogenesis issue.
- At FanGraphs, Jeff Sullivan looks at just how far ahead the Braves are in the NL East.
- At ESPN (Insider), Jim Bowden lists five August waiver trades he’d like to see. Michael Young is first on the list.
- Aaron Gleeman wrote a recap of his time at the 2013 SABR convention in Philly. Fun fact: He pretended to be me.
- Todd Zolecki explains why the Phillies’ deal with Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez likely won’t happen after all.
If you’ve read anything good lately, feel free to share it in the comments.