The Phillies’ signing of Delmon Young this week was, by far, one of the most…well, it was something, and a lot of people (both on this site and elsewhere) felt compelled to write about it.
Here’s a collection of links to pieces from throughout the net-webs on everyone’s favorite new acquisition, typically listed chronologically, but in some cases not because existence is pointless.
- Ryan Sommers: Phillies Sign . . . *sigh* to 1 year, *groan* thousand dollar contract
- Paul Boye: What Happened to My 100-Win Team?
- Paul Boye: Caring About Walks and Production
- Bill Baer: Failure in Philadelphia
- Michael Baumann: Crash Bag, Vol. 38: The Great Satan
The Good Phight
- Joe Catanzariti: Are You There RAJ? It’s Me, Joecatz: An Open Letter to Ruben Amaro Jr.
- Bill Parker: Delmon Young: A User’s Guide
- TheOrangeCone: The Biggest Loser: Phillies Edition
- dajafi: Defending the Delmon Young Deal
- RememberthePhitans: Love Triangle: Delmon Young, Ruben Amaro, and Domonic Brown
- Liz Roscher: Done With Ruben Amaro Jr: A Special Comment
That Ball’s Outta Here
- Ethan Seidel: Outfield Still Remains A Weakness After Delmon Young Signs 1-Year Deal
- John Stolnis: Ruben Amaro’s Disastrous Off-Season
- Justin Klugh: Delmon Young Saga Now Involves Dog Poop, Weight Loss
- Pat Gallen: Phillies Sign Young to One-Year Deal Worth $750K
- Ian Riccaboni: Big Money if Delmon Young Makes Weight
- Jay Floyd: Manuel Full of Gusto as Spring Training Nears
The 700 Level
- Andrew Kulp: Is Delmon Young the Answer in Right Field?
- Enrico Campitelli: Delmon Young’s Incentives Include Over Half a Million Bucks for Weighing Less
- Karilee Jeantet: Seriously Ruben?!?! Delmon Young?!?!
- Grant Brisbee: Delmon Young signs with Phillies
- Grant Brisbee: What are the Phillies thinking?
Philadelphia Daily News/High Cheese
- David Murphy: Breaking down the Phillies’ signing of Delmon Young
- David Murphy: Delmon Young, and the potential tragicomedy called the 2013 Phillies
- Ryan Lawrence: Worth the weight: Phillies outfielder Delmon Young’s contract
- David Murphy: Over the last two years, Domonic Brown has been better at baseball than Delmon Young
Philadelphia Inquirer/The Phillies Zone
- Matt Gelb: Video: Phillies pin right field hopes on Delmon Young
- Matt Gelb: Phillies outfielder Delmon Young has incentive to eat less
Delaware Online/Philled In
- Chris Branch: Delmon Young is getting paid to not be fat
NBC Philadelphia/Philthy Stuff
- Dash Treyhorn: What to Expect: Delmon Young
Sports On Earth
- Jon Bernhardt: Swing And A Miss
SI.com/Hit and Run
- Jay Jaffe: Winter Report Card: Philadelphia Phillies
Yahoo! Contributor Network
- Pete Lieber: Delmon Young a Skeptical Addition to the Philadelphia Phillies’ Outfield
- AP: Phillies Sign OF Delmon Young
Had enough? Me too. But if you’ve written about this wonderful moment in club history and don’t see your piece listed above, poke me on Twitter with a link.