Crashburn Alley Playoff Predictions

The playoffs are finally upon us, which means it’s time for some more Predictions Which Are Bound to Make Us All Look Stupid. Our pre-season predictions weren’t so hot, but we’re going to put the pedal to the metal again to see which among us can see best into the future.

Let’s start with the Wild Card play-in games.

Bill Baer

Paul Boye

Michael Baumann

Ryan Sommers

Eric Longenhagen

Onto the playoff brackets. The numbers under the logos indicate the W-L from the previous round. The World Series winners have been double-underlined in case the bracket is too hard to follow. Click on a name to go to the top of his bracket.

NLDS1 NLDS2 ALDS1 ALDS2 NLCS ALCS WS

4-0
3-0
4-1
3-2
4-2
3-1

How do you think the playoffs will unfold? Let us know in the comments!

1. Josh

October 04, 2012 10:56 AM

Not a series-by-series prediction but two observations: (1) it is hard to see the A’s magic carpet ride continuing with the roster they have, particularly the overused bullpen — as games get a bit tighter, I think we’ll see the Tigers or Yankees advance and (2) the Reds are primed for this spot — after the NLDS with the Phillies two years ago, I thought they’d be a perennial playoff contender so I was surprised with their step back last year. They remind me a little of the Rays/Phillies of a few years back – they are hungry and still have that bitter taste from the NLDS loss.

Reds over Tigers/Yankees in the World Series.

2. nik

October 04, 2012 11:21 AM

I just hope the Braves get their asses stomped and Larry leaves baseball with a big tear streaming down his face.

3. Scott G

October 04, 2012 04:09 PM

Has everyone looked at the A’s roster? I’ve been pretty busy over the last several months, and haven’t been following baseball like I usually do. Can anyone name me more than a handful of people on their team? I absolutely love it. Every starter has ERA between 3-4, and their bullpen seems very good as well. Billy Beane!

4. Frank Reynolds

October 04, 2012 04:25 PM

I really hope the A’s win the WS but I don’t think it will happen. Nobody is picking the cardinals in the wild card? That is really the only series(game) I have no idea who will win. Here it is
    NL Wild card no pick
    AL Wild card Texas
    NLDS one If Braves win wild card my pick is the Nats. If the cards win the wild card I have them beating the Nats.
    NLDS two Giants(I hate picking them)
    ALDS one NY
    ALDS two tigers
    NLCS Giants
    ALCS Tigers
    WS winner Giants
    I don’t like my picks but I think that is how it’s going to go down.

October 04, 2012 05:38 PM

At least all four of you picked the A’s OVER 73 wins.

NL WC: STL
    AL WC: TEX
    NL DS: WAS and SF
    AL DS: TEX and DET
    NL CS: SF
    AL CS: TEX
    World Series: TEX

6. Frank Reynolds

October 04, 2012 05:50 PM

@Scott
    When it became clear the phillies were not making the playoffs and the A’s had a good chance to get in I watched a couple games. I have watched at least a good portion of every game they have played in the past 2 weeks. I am on the bandwagon. So yea I can pretty much name more than a handful of players on that team. But I think not knowing who they were is what attracted to me to them in the first place.

7. TH

ALDS: Texas and Detroit
    NLCS: Giants
    ALCS: Detroit
    WS: Tigers

9. Matt Brown

October 04, 2012 06:14 PM

Evidently, I’m pretty horrible at sticking with either team names or cities.

10. tomemos

October 04, 2012 06:14 PM

Hey, a Phillies website where no one picks the Giants. I’m feeling nostalgic. (Props to the one dude who thinks they’ll win as many as two games, though.)

Next ArticleCrash Bag, Vol. 22: Find a Happy Place