Crashburn Alley Podcast Ep. 7: Requiem for a Team

Paul couldn’t make it this week, but Bill, Mike, myself, and Ryan Petzar from ESPN 97.3 (@Petzrawr) talk Cole Hamels, what makes a successful 2nd half, the usual Twitter questions, and York, PA. The delay on this one is entirely my fault, because I’m terrible at editing. I swear we’re trying to get on a regular schedule with these. For now, enjoy!

Click here to download the mp3.

Music was again provided by Local Wizards (Bandcamp page). If you dig it, please let him know. If you enjoy the podcast, make sure you’re following all of us on Twitter, and you rate us/leave comments on our iTunes page.

The next time we’re ready to do a podcast, we’ll let you know on Twitter so you can use the hashtag #crashpod to send in questions.

1. David Molina

July 19, 2012 08:48 AM

Wow, now that was painful…I’ll say it again, we will not improve until Charlie is gone…he continues to make clueless and embarrassing decisions…he cannot perform when the pressure is on…hitting for Lee?…not bunting with two on and none out?…pitching choices?…no motivation…GET CHARLIE OUT OF HERE!!!

2. ryan

July 19, 2012 09:49 AM

excellent stuff as usual. non-current-podcast-related note: more minor leagues please! love farm reports. i guess bradley ankrom needs to be involved more, maybe? otherwise, the cb podcast is a highlight of my week (or month, or however often these are).

July 19, 2012 11:49 AM

Bradley has been busy lately and hasn’t had the time to produce his Minor League content, but we’re hoping he’ll be able to post something in the near future.

4. LTG

July 19, 2012 01:26 PM

Babies are humans but not persons, for the record.

5. Phylan

July 19, 2012 04:17 PM

David,

Just as I’m not going to attribute the 2008-2011 success of an amazingly talented roster to Charlie, I’m not going to knock him for the failure of a shitty one in 2012.

6. Scott G

July 20, 2012 10:31 AM

I think with a crappy team, Charlie’s mistakes are magnified, not excused. This year more than ever, it’s not acceptable to have people labeled “8th inning” or “closer”. Papelbon is the only one good enough to have any role on this team. Bastardo is a good pitcher, but hasn’t been getting great results, so for Charlie to NOT utilize matchups to help his terrible bullpen is inexcusable.

I’m not going to say the team had a great shot with all the injuries, but I believe that fact only emphasizes the importance of the manager doing the right thing. In previous years he could mess up and still have someone like Ryan Madson, or a better Jose Contreras, or even Chad Durbin pitching in high leverage situations.

Next ArticleCrash Bag, Vol. 11: Four Cheese Halladay