Crashburn Alley Podcast, Episode 3

At long last, the third episode of the Crashburn Alley podcast is up and ready for your listening pleasure. Due to my own technical incompetence and a general inability for the 3-4 of us to find a common time, we had to delay the third episode for a while. This is, if I may say so myself, a great episode, however. Dan Szymborski of Baseball Think Factory and creator of the ZiPS projections joins us to talk baseball and video games, while the three of us (sans Paul Boye) talk about Charlie Manuel’s bullpen follies, the improvement of Joe Blanton, and the NL East landscape.

Click here to download the .mp3 file directly.

Topics:

• (0:00-0:22) Michael’s microphone makes him sound like a robot sent from the future
  • (0:22-1:50) Intro music/Introductions
  • (1:50-15:24) Charlie Manuel’s bullpen management
  • (15:24-22:11) Joe Blanton’s last two starts
  • (22:39-41:40) Dan Szymborski interview
  • (42:08-1:01:53) NL East discussion
  • (1:01:53-1:05:39) Trivia
  • (1:05:39-1:23:45) Twitter Q&A

If you have been enjoying the podcasts, please leave us some positive feedback on iTunes.

1. Jonathan

May 06, 2012 04:53 PM

This episode is like your Chinese Democracy (haven’t listened yet, only poking fun at the delay).

2. Jeremy

May 06, 2012 05:32 PM

I love the podcasts. I know that this one was delayed for technical / scheduling reasons, but in the future is there any chance they will become a weekly feature?

3. Phylan

May 06, 2012 05:41 PM

Weekly is absolutely the goal. Technology shouldn’t be an issue going forward, but coordinating all of our schedules for recording time has been difficult.

May 06, 2012 05:49 PM

Yeah, the tech difficulties were a fluke. It wasn’t due to a lack of know-how, just an assumption that wasn’t realized until it was too late. And yeah, we have always aimed for a weekly podcast. We’ll try to adhere to that going forward, but I don’t think we can make any promises. My schedule has been really packed lately, and recording and editing the podcast is a 6-10 hour job, depending on variables.

5. Martyn

May 07, 2012 01:59 PM

Umm, the RSS feed address from the first episode comments thread was ‘redacted’.

Any takers?

6. Martyn

May 07, 2012 02:10 PM

Scratch that, I just subscribed using the itunes url, which BeyondPod then direct through podbean. Or something.

Can’t wait to finally get a quality Phillies podcast!

Cheers from the UK, fellas.

Next ArticlePhillies-Nationals Game Thread 5/6/12