Posted in MLB, Philadelphia Phillies, Podcasts | Print | 11 Comments »
A few notes pertaining to your neighborhood Phillies blog.
1. The four of us will be putting out a weekly podcast about the Phillies starting in April. Tentatively, we will be recording on Sunday evenings and you should be able to download it the next day. We will figure out the specifics as we go along in terms of duration, topics, segments, etc. Expect the same high level discourse you’re used to reading on the podcast with all of the usual nerdery. I’m very new to the podcasting game, so I apologize in advance for any hiccups.
Music will be provided by Dirty Ghosts (@DirtyGhosts), whose album Metal Moon is available now. We will try to add more music variety throughout the year. If you’re a musician looking for exposure, or know someone of the sort, please contact me. We’re all open-minded when it comes to music, so don’t be bashful.
If you run a business, or know someone who does, and would benefit from advertising, we are looking for podcast sponsors (as well as blog sponsors). This helps pay for storage space, equipment, etc. so it is not coming directly out of my pocket. You can support us otherwise by tuning in every week and thanking Dirty Ghosts and any sponsors by email, on Twitter, or on Facebook. You can reach me via email — crashburnalley [at] gmail [dot] com with any inquiries or suggestions.
2. We will be accepting guest posts throughout the year. I can’t guarantee every article will be used, but if they pass the smell test, it is a great way to get some exposure on blogs and social media. Email them to the address listed above with details of everything you’d like to plug (blog, Twitter, Facebook, etc.). The only criteria I have is that your work cannot be cross-posted elsewhere.
3. Your input requested: What would you like to see more of on the blog during the season? What would you like to see less of? Anything new you would like to see? Remember, YOU (yes, you) are the reason we write, so your feedback is essential to us.
Around the Web
There’s been a lot of action here at Crashburn and elsewhere, so here are a few links to keep you up to date.
- Michael Baumann wrote nearly 4,000 words on why he doesn’t like the designated hitter. You would be doing yourself a disservice not to check out the article if you haven’t already. [Link]
- There’s no reason to panic about Roy Halladay’s less-than-stellar spring training to date. [Link]
- Chase Utley is the most important player in baseball. [Link]
- The Phillies made a few spring training cuts. What that means and who benefits. [Link]
- At ESPN Sweet Spot, I wrote about why Jeremy Hellickson isn’t the regression candidate many Saberists expect him to be. [Link]
- At The Score, I created a hilarious .gif of Chien-Ming Wang falling down on a play at first base. [Link]
- I spoke with Dan Stamm of NBC Philadelphia’s Philthy Stuff, talking about my book “100 Things Phillies Fans Should Know and Do Before They Die“. [Link]
- On Wednesday, I spoke with friend of the blog and guest contributor Thomas Holzerman (@tholzerman) about the Phillies and the upcoming season on his podcast. Look for that to be available next week.
- I should be making an appearance on 94 WIP at some point during the week. Details to follow.