Happy Holidays from Crashburn Alley

I would like to wish Crashburn Alley readers a happy and safe holiday and new year. The Phillies community really is the best in the business, and that is especially true (I feel) about the Saber-minded crowd. Thanks to an ever-increasing readership, Crashburn Alley continued to find new levels of success. In particular, I am extremely proud of the commenting community. On a vast majority of other sites on the web, the comments are where intelligence and rationality go to die, but that is certainly not the case here. I can count on one hand the number of posters I’ve had to mute. Furthermore, many writers complain about getting nasty, hateful emails, but I did not receive one this year. I consider myself extremely lucky and am grateful for those of you who show up here on a regular basis, representing the fan base at large in the best way possible.

2011 saw three writers added to the team: Paul Boye, Ryan Sommers, and Jeff Barnes (who, unfortunately, could not find the time to contribute regularly). On that note, I’m happy to announce that one more writer will join the team as we go into 2012. Michael Baumann, formerly of Phillies Nation, will bring his highly-intelligent and unique writing style to this blog. You can follow him on Twitter (@atomicruckus). And don’t forget to follow Boye (@Phrontiersman) and Sommers (@Phylan), as well as myself (@CrashburnAlley).

I personally had a lot of fun live-tweeting games with the lot of you, and live-chatting the few times I did that. I spent most of the season working on a book and hosting a weekly show on Phillies 24/7 HD radio. It was easily the busiest and most enjoyable summer of baseball I’ve had and it couldn’t have happened without you. I have a few ideas rolling around in my head for the 2012 season, all of which I hope come to fruition. Those will be detailed as they become more realistic. In 2012, expect Crashburn Alley to continue to set the pace in Phillies-centric analysis.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, you can reach me in any number of ways (commenting, email, Twitter, Facebook), so don’t hesitate to do so. Again, thanks to every single one of you for a great 2011. Have a safe and happy holiday.

1. Ajay

December 23, 2011 10:45 AM

Keep up the great work Bill! I almost wrote Billy Baer like Billy Beane. Maybe that can be your nickname around these parts?

December 23, 2011 10:52 AM

Thanks Bill. Happy Holidays to you, too.

3. Josh G

December 23, 2011 01:31 PM

@ Bill

Do you have a favorite piece you wrote this year?

December 23, 2011 01:38 PM

@ Josh G

That’s a good question. I don’t have a good answer for two reasons: 1) my memory is awful and 2) it is all kind of a blur… I think 2011 went by way too fast.

I’ll take a look through the archives and let you know. If you guys have any you particularly enjoyed, I’d love to know as well.

EDIT: Admittedly, this didn’t involve too much work from me, but it is representative of one of the greatest nights of baseball ever:

crashburnalley.com/2011/09/29/baseball-is-awesome/

5. Mike B.

December 23, 2011 04:09 PM

Happy holidays to you as well, Bill. This is, IMO, the best Phils blog out there…maybe the best baseball blog, period. Keep up the good work!

6. Daniel

December 24, 2011 12:15 AM

Bill,

To be festively politically incorrect:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

In other news, Bill, you’re a class act. Thanks for being as accessible and fun-loving as you are with just the right amount of Sabering to keep us fellow nerds always coming back.

You’re work is at once readable and self-critical, something that a true Phan (or fan) find irresistible in analysis and editorial work.

Keep up the awesome.

Daniel
    Physics and Comp Eng
    Univ of South Carolina

P.S.
    If you ever have any Android or Linux/Unix needs, holler: damorales.sc@gmail.com Peace

7. awh

December 24, 2011 01:13 PM

Happy, Happy to you Bill!

8. LTG

December 25, 2011 09:36 AM

To BB, Paul, Ryan, and the entire Crashburn community, Merry Christmas!

Next ArticleA Number to Retire