1. Thomas

October 01, 2011 11:11 PM

None of the bat-flip, stand-and-stare stuff. Still not the workman full run that many guys get praised for, but I think it’s an admirable middle-ground attitude that a hometown crowd can get behind. At least for this AB.

2. GoAskJoey

October 01, 2011 11:42 PM

The only time that I’ve gotten mad watching him do this was when he hit that HR in LA that landed (maybe) six inches over the fence in the left field corner. Maybe I was in a bad mood that day, but I felt like he held his ‘F*CK YOU BALL’ pose a little too long.. Otherwise, I love it.

3. jack

October 02, 2011 01:07 AM

if he keeps jackin’ homeruns, he can do WHATEVER he wants. if he’s rolling, we’re winning a title. simple as that.

4. Dan

October 02, 2011 02:05 AM

I don’t mind a player not sprinting when it’s a no-doubter, as long as they don’t just stand there or mock the pitcher or something.

I’m alright with how Howard approached this one.

5. Rob

October 02, 2011 02:11 AM

He was as caught up in the moment as we were. I doubt he even has much control over the way he reacts to something like that.

6. dbick

October 02, 2011 06:47 AM

His fSWAG is at 100

7. Frannie

October 02, 2011 07:42 AM

If he keeps hitting the ball like that, he can do a dance it the batters box before he runs, for all I care

8. dlhunter

October 02, 2011 08:25 AM

When your life’s work is hitting a baseball really hard and really far…

you can be forgiven for showing satisfaction after hitting a baseball really hard and really far.

9. Rich

October 02, 2011 09:23 AM

That’s the “Jump in the Cadillac” swing that Sarge speaks of when Howard hits it like that… heck you may as well upgrade that to a Rolls Royce now that Howard is making $20M per year with the Phils.

Howard will be rewriting Phillies hitting history in the years to come for the Phillies, good for him and I’m glad we have him on our team!

10. Mandy

October 12, 2011 11:31 AM

Howard has that kind of ‘Respect your game, but keep your Swagger’ attitude. Gotta love watching him hit HRuns

Next ArticlePhillies BABIP'd to Death, Drop Game Two