Phillies Are Good Trivia
I tweeted these after the game, but I thought they were interesting enough to share with the rest of you who aren’t yet on the Twitters.
- If the Phillies go 14-15 over the rest of season, the Braves would need to go 22-5 to win the NL East.
- Isn’t it amazing the Phillies can play sub-.500 baseball the rest of the way and still finish with over 100 wins?
- The Phillies’ best record through 133 games was 83-49-1, set in 1899. Obviously, at 87-46, the 2011 Phillies beat that quite easily.
- The 433 runs the Phillies have allowed through 133 games is the fourth-fewest in franchise history, behind 1908, 1915, and 1916.
- The lowest runs allowed total through 133 games, among live ball-era Phillies teams, was the 1976 team that allowed 468.
Other trivia (h/t @magelb)
- Opponents are hitting .112 against Antonio Bastardo in 2011. That would be the lowest ever in baseball history for a pitcher w/50 IP.
- Phillies are 41 games over .500, tying the franchise’s highest mark. That’s in 129 years of baseball.
- The Phillies have swept a four-game series in Cincinnati for the first time since May 1916.
- The Phillies are 109-53 in their last 162 regular-season games. (Random endpoints, of course.)