Phillies Chat [Completed]

Come talk about the Phillies, their game against the Dodgers tonight, and stats with myself and Paul Boye a.k.a. @Phrontiersman.

Click Here

Updated: Chat completed. I hope everyone who read and participated had fun, there should be more in the future. If you were unable to attend, click the above link to check out the transcript.

1. Egidius Braun

June 07, 2011 05:05 PM

haha das ist racist

2. Jeff T

June 07, 2011 05:23 PM

I can see everyone’s messages but mine. Do I need a fancy download?

June 07, 2011 06:06 PM

@ Max

Unfortunately, WordPress and CIL’s iframe are not friends, so I couldn’t embed no matter how hard I tried. :(

@ Jeff T

The comments need to be approved by us first, that’s why there was some delay between when you submitted and when they appeared. Sorry for the confusion.

4. Max

June 07, 2011 11:02 PM

@ Bill
    Ah, I had troubles with CiL’s iframe at first, too, but I think I realized it’s just because I’m dumb. I haven’t done any live chats or anything of the nature recently, but IIRC, it’s as easy as embedding a YouTube video. Although, FWIW, that also was not easy for me originally. I think I kept trying to paste it into the text editor instead of the HTML editor and could not for the life of me figure out what I was doing wrong. Like I said, I’m dumb.

5. e

June 07, 2011 11:06 PM

Nice job Bill. always great to see your site expand itself.

also, as a diehead A’s fan, cardenas problem isn’t his bat. He’s always had the history of struggling at the next level, and then hitting soon. He literally doesn’t have a position. He was tried at 3b for like 6 games( rightfully or not) and then moved to LF.Where he projects as a below avg LF due to his lack of pop. Tough, he’s a hell of a contact hitter.

6. Phylan

June 08, 2011 12:04 PM

I am outraged that my question was not addressed. From now on I’m going to Crossing Broad for my analysis.

7. Jonny

June 08, 2011 12:38 PM

Bill,

“Bring the DH to the NL!”

I used to like you. Now I’m not so sure….. ;P

8. jauer

June 09, 2011 01:07 AM

hey bill, not sure if youve already touched on this, but id like your opinion.

on sunday against james mcdonald in the 4th inning, he had walked two batters in the inning and forced in a run when he hit carlos ruiz with the bases loaded. he threw two wild pitches and another passed ball in the inning. after ruiz HBP, valdez came to the plate with one out and the bases loaded.

he swung at the first pitch and missed by two feet, probably because the pitch was two feet off the plate and in the dirt.

how does charlie get away with allowing that undisciplined approach to happen during a rally that started precisely because of plate patience (and it was VALDEZ)? he ended up grounding into a double play and the phils still trailed 2-1 after that inning. it was extremely frustrating, but since they won, everyone forgot about that terrible at-bat.

same thing tonight. hiroki kuroda walked two batters after martinez’s triple, including a pitch that went behind victorino. dom brown, with the bases loaded took the first pitch for a ball, and then inexplicably swung at the next pitch up around his neck. he ended up working a full count but flied out to end the inning.

these are obvious situations where you dont swing until the pitcher throws a strike, yet manuel allows these hitters (a rookie and a minor league-level player in the lineup for defense) to bail out the struggling pitcher.

am i wrong for being completely incensed when i see obvious take-situations so blatantly ignored?

Next ArticleRyan Madson and the Free Agent Closer Class of 2011-12