With pitchers and catchers due in Clearwater in a week, 2011 season previews will start sprouting up like spring flowers. Not one of them, however, will rival the output of the Maple Street Press Phillies Annual 2011. As you can see on the image to the right, this year’s edition will feature content from some of your favorite Phillies writers, including:
- Yours truly
- The Good Phight staff
- Matt Swartz of Baseball Prospectus
- Michael Radano
- John Finger
- Jay Floyd of Phillies Nation and Phoul Ballz
- and many more
What’s included in the 128 pages of advertisement-free Phillies coverage? Just about everything under the sun:
- Pitch-level scouting reports revealing the strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies of every key player
- In-depth looks at all the Phillies’ NL East rivals for 2011
- Ryan Howard cut down on his strikeouts, but where’s the power?
- Roy Halladay’s no-hitters, and the best pitching performances of the year
- Hollywood once again: How Cole Hamels got his groove back
- Interview: Doug Glanville on life in, and after, baseball
- The top 30 Phillies prospects and a look at the Sally League champion Lakewood BlueClaws
- Culture change: The Phillies dynasty, where it ranks with other great teams, and how it has affected the Philly mindset
In my article, I broke down in specific details Roy Halladay’s perfect game and NLDS no-hitter. I had a blast researching and writing the article, and I hope it comes through when you read it. I’m thrilled to have my name alongside an All-Star cast of writers.
If you’re interested, follow this link directly to the Maple Street Press website where you can place an online order for $12.99. They will be shipped beginning on February 17. If you would rather pick it up in person, the Annual will hit newsstands on March 1.