Posted in MLB, Sabermetrics | Print | 22 Comments »
The contest: Predict the performance of the Philadelphia Phillies’ hitters in the next week (six games).
- How many runs will the Phillies score between Tuesday, June 15 on the road against the New York Yankees through Sunday, June 20 at home against the Minnesota Twins?
There may be a tie, so the following predictions will be tie-breakers, in order.
- Ryan Howard home runs:
- Ground ball double-plays hit into by Wilson Valdez:
- Raul Ibanez’s slugging percentage on June 21:
- Hits by Greg Dobbs as a pinch-hitter (hits as a designated hitter will not count):
- Extra-base hits (doubles, triples, and home runs) by Chase Utley:
Simply copy and paste all six predictions (the contest question along with the five tie-breakers) with your answers in the comments below. Provide an e-mail address that you check often that way there are no problems should you win.
In the event that two or more entrants leave identical predictions (very unlikely), the oldest entry wins. Entries are valid up until the first pitch of the Phillies-Yankees game on Tuesday, June 15.
The winner will be announced on Monday, June 21. If I do not hear back from you within 48 hours from the time of my e-mail, I will award the book to the runner-up. In order for the book to be shipped to you, I will need a valid shipping address. If you do not feel comfortable sharing this information with me, I can put you in direct contact with Mr. Panas.
If you do not win but are still interested in purchasing the book, click this link. There, you can preview the first 30 pages of Beyond Batting Average and purchase it either as a downloadable file or as a real book.