I haven’t linked to my work elsewhere in a while, so I’d like to get that out of the way and direct you to the outstanding work of others as well. Additionally, you may notice a new ad on the right-hand sidebar from Google. If you have a few seconds, click on the links. It doesn’t take much effort and it will help pay for the costs of maintaining this website. Thanks!
Baseball Prospectus fantasy starting pitcher advice:
Baseball Daily Digest:
- I talk Phillies and Mets with Steve Keane of Kranepool Society on his Call to the Bullpen podcast
- I talk Raul Ibanez, Jayson Werth, and Brad Lidge with Mark Schruender of Fantasy Baseball Hot Stove
- Remember, you can always get your Phillies fantasy baseball updates twice a week at HEATER Magazine and fantasy starting pitcher advice every Friday at Baseball Prospectus.
- Kevin McGwuire (@krmcguire) rounds up a ton of reactions to Roy Halladay’s perfect game
- PhuturePhillies (@phuturephillies) looks at the Phillies’ draft history under Marti Wolever and predicts what the Phillies will do in the upcoming draft
- The Fightins (@thefightins) found out why Carlos Ruiz was so happy after Roy Halladay got the 27th and final out against the Marlins
- The 700 Level (@the700level) caught Trevor Hoffman getting his Mick Billmeyer on
- The Baseball Reference (@baseball_ref) blog uses game score to rank Roy Halladay’s perfect game
- At ESPN’s The Max Info blog, Albert Larcada and Katie Sharp try to improve on the quality start with the “superior start”
- Eric Polsky of Baseball Daily Digest thinks Roy Halladay was getting a generous strike zone from home plate umpire Mike DiMuro
- Dajafi at The Good Phight (@thegoodphight) recaps yesterday’s loss to the Marlins — yet another shut-out, their fifth in the last eight games
- Matt Swartz (@matt_swa) of Baseball Prospectus looks at hometown discounts. Makes you feel somewhat better about the Ryan Howard contract extension
- At Phillies Nation (@philliesnation), Corey Seidman (@coreyseidman) pleads for the Phillies to give Ben Francisco more playing time
Around the SweetSpot:
- Capitol Avenue Club (@capitolavenue) looks at the ailing Atlanta Braves starting rotation. Good news for the Phillies, who are in Atlanta for the last leg of their road trip. I can haz offense?
- Via Mets Today (@metstoday): Mainstream media vs. blogger. Where have I seen that before?
- Nationals Baseball thinks the Nats are playing a shell game with the fans re: Stephen Strasburg’s debut
The Phillies play the Braves early today — the game starts at 1:05 PM EST. Joe Blanton vs. Tommy Hanson.