I’ve been a bit busy lately and haven’t been able to write, but I’ll make up for it by directing you to some of the choice writing out there on the Internets.
- Dayn Perry lists the 5 UFC fights we’d most like to see. [$8 Beers]
- What we learned from Sunday’s NFL action. [100% Injury Rate]
- The itinerary for the Phillies’ day off. [Balls, Sticks, & Stuff]
- Former MLB’er and current analyst Mark Grace does some heavy thinking. [Between the Lines]
- Nick lays out his top-three NL MVP candidates. [I’m Writing Sports]
- Why hate on McNabb? [I’ve Made A Huge Tiny Mistake]
- Mike Gundy lashes out at a journalist. [Signal to Noise]
- Jimmy Johnson’s hair crimes. [The Extrapolater]
- Why is everybody sleeping on Ohio State? [Ghosts of Wayne Fontes]
- Todd Jones’ 300 saves aren’t even close to comparable to Jim Thome’s 500 home runs. [The Hall of Very Good]
- Why isn’t anybody criticizing Jack Cust or Ryan Howard for striking out so much? [Ump Bump]
- Norv Turner hasn’t been very good, has he? [With Leather]
The Phillies are off today, but the Mets and Padres are not.
Washington Nationals @ New York Mets, 7:10 EST
- Starting for WAS: Matt Chico (91 ERA+)
- Starting for NYM: Mike Pelfrey (81 ERA+)
San Diego Padres @ San Francisco Giants, 10:15 EST
- Starting for SD: Chris Young (147 ERA+)
- Starting for SF: Barry Zito (97 ERA+)
Hope for some losses tonight!